Friday, April 4, 2008

I was set to travel to Normandy with my bro (junior/junior spesh) But We somehow ended up in a different region of France...
Props to Moms who was behind the camera for like 50% of the entry.

We arrived at Yorkshire Aiport in the early hours
It was completely empty...

Apart from this dude.

This is my bro after I broke the news to him that I didn't check my emails and the flights had been moved foward... Bummed!

We decided to travel to East Midlands and get a new flight from East Midlands to Geneva with our parents who also missed their flight...

Junior was totally unstoked with the situation/my lack of preparation...



I thought it would be slightly illegal to drink at like 9:00am so i got this 'Organic Lemonade'... I should have totally got a guiness.

Junior wore this jacket with a velcro label, I persisted in peeling it off for the duration of the journey...

Cause we were so late getting to the airport we didn't really have to wait around much

Junior's flight setup.

My flight setup complete with Gin...


I had more photos of the Chalet where we stayed but I arranged the photos from the trip too randomly...

This was the view from mine and junior's bedroom.


I actually managed to find a bar that sold Guinness in France... Too stoked!

In the morning I woke up and Junior had already been maxin' in the room for hours

We wanted to go skiing so we hire all the awesome/essential equipment from next door.

This is where we stopped to get beer and food, unfortunately there was no Guinness on tap...



We got back and I rocked these awesome 'Snow Boots'!

Me and Pops went to get a drink, we found this rad totum pole on route. I'd totally have one of those in the flat back home if i could...

Pops got all continental

Junior however just got buck wild...

The next morning, people weren't crisp after our drinking sesh, I was the first one awake


The best thing about going skiing is all the awesome different kinds of lifts.


I had like 3 irish coffees and 'Kia' which is like a crazy white wine cocktail, I sort of got crunk midday...

Epic lunchtime views



This cable car was so James Bond, I was totally down for a fist fight with Jaws on the roof

We made good friends with Christoph who owned 'La Breviour' I think he appreciated my passion for Guiness

Junior was obliged to text his girlfriend at least everyday. Bro's before ho's junior...


We frequented 'La Breviour' again, they did awesome euro food as well as Guinness


Things got wild, the wine with the meal was free so we all got pretty drunk.

I was rocking the Mr Ben sweep over steez...

This was the first time Junior drank wine...

It wasn't Pops' though...


We got back to Chalet Genepy

Junior straight up passed out. We got like 4 free shots of 'Genepy' each, it's made from some gnarly alcoholic mountain plant.

I frequented the garden everday with coffee and cigarettes

Epic garden views...


I got pretty slick at skiing, I considered staying here and becoming a pioneer of skiing like the Mike Carroll of skiing.


My bro was pro... at skiing

I look pro too here, but in reality i sucked...


More James Bond style day dreams...

If you look closely you can see I repped NLT on the mountain...



This is the day i got totally sunburnt, I was like a lobster for the next week.



We met up with Claire who we were staying with, she showed up some awesome slopes...






Claires husband (Giles) was a super pro skiier, his stories of jumping 70ft drops on mountains were awesome

Beer time...






Me and Junior Spesh bro'd in snow. If you look closely you can see me in full on Lobster mode


It was funny at the time...


We got ready to depart back to Brit Rock...

Here's some shots of Lake Geneva on the way back to the airport. I made everyone late by insisting we stopped and walked round the lake.




Back on the plane, we had to get a taxi from Yorkshire because we still had the return part of our flights... Thanks to Giles, Claire for showing us slopes and nightspots.

No comments: